General Job Description:
Provides departmental oversight in support of electronics, instrumentation, and general technical services throughout assigned district.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Proven ability to analyze and synthesize complex problems and quickly develop and implement effective solutions.
- Previous supervisory/management experience preferred.
- Three years of experience as a field technician, preferably in oilfield operations, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Plans & forecasts maintenance, material, and labor requirements.
- Supervises, coordinates, instructs, and periodically reviews all field technicians within the district.
- Effectively communicates maintenance priorities to all relevant parties.
- Minimizes costs, equipment failures, and down-time.
- Maximizes equipment readiness and efficient resource utilization.
- Develops procedures, training materials, performance metrics, and maintenance schedules.
- Continually builds the department’s intellectual base.
- Coordinates human and material resources with other district managers as required to ensure maximum effectiveness for the company as a whole.
- Orders and maintains suitable inventory based on urgency, lead time, cost, and consumption rate.
- Provides exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Troubleshoots & repairs components or instruments that are beyond the scope of a field repair.
- Maintains vendor relationships and communication for necessary manufacturer-level repairs or replacements.
- Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.